Light Rail Accident Attorney
Record Setting Trial Verdicts & Multi-Million Dollar Settlements
Request a Free Case Evaluation!
Light Rail Accidents
LIGHTRAIL ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Unfortunately, light rail accidents occur far more frequently than they should. According to data provided by the Federal Railroad Administration Office of Safety Analysis, more than 10,000 railroad accidents/incidents were reported in the year 2017 alone. These accidents can vary widely, both in their type and in their severity.
At Cluff Injury Lawyers, our Phoenix light rail accident attorneys are committed to improving train and rail safety for everyone. Our firm handles all types of light rail accidents. We want to protect motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, passengers, and workers. If you or a family member was injured or killed in a light rail accident in Phoenix, please contact our law firm today for immediate assistance with your case.
Types of Light Rail Accidents
Our Phoenix railroad accident lawyers have deep experience handling many types of rail-related personal injury claims. No matter the underlying circumstances of your case, we can help you fight for full and fair compensation. Some examples of light rail accidents include:
- Car accidents at rail crossings;
- Pedestrian and bike accidents are rail crossing;
- Passenger slip and fall accidents;
- Multi-train collisions; and
- Train derailments.
Causes of Light Rail Accidents
- Conductor Negligence
- Electrical Failure
- Brake Failure
- Maintenance Negligence
- Light Rail/Pedestrian Collision
- Light Rail/Automobile Collision
- Passenger Loading/Unloading Accidents (Slip & Fall, Train Movement, etc)
- Passenger Misconduct
- Human Contact With Overhead Electrical Cables
- Slip & Fall From Platform onto Tracks
- Traffic Light Malfunction
- Collision with another Light Rail
- Fallen Electrical Cable
Of course, the severity of an injury depends on the accident itself. Knowing that the light rail may have been your safest mass transit option will be cold comfort if you or a loved one are badly injured in a light rail accident. Speak to one of a light rail accident attorney at our firm who will help you get justice and lend you a hand on your road to recovery.
Why Hire A light rail accident attorney?
LEGAL ACTIONS FOR LIGHTRAIL ACCIDENTS
WHAT TO DO AFTER A LIGHTRAIL INCIDENT
Do Your Part
You cannot eliminate the possibility of an accident, but it is important that you do what you can to decrease your chances of being involved in a light rail accident. Here are some helpful safety tips for those traveling on the light rail, or for anyone driving, cycling, or walking near light rail stations and intersections.
Safety Tips for Avoiding Light Rail Accidents in Mesa
(Tips from www.valleymetro.org)
- Do not stop or park your car on the light rail tracks.
- Always obey ALL traffic signals.
- DO NOT try to “beat” the light rail when you are crossing an intersection.
- Look both ways before driving across the tracks of a light rail intersection.
- The light rail is quiet so be sure to listen for bells and look for headlights of oncoming trains.
- Always walk your bike across the light rail tracks.
- Never ride your bike at the station or onto the train.
- ALWAYS obey traffic signals.
- STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN before crossing the light rail tracks.
- Cross the light rail tracks at an angle to avoid falling or causing tire damage to your bike.
- NEVER walk or stand on or near light rail tracks
- Be sure to always cross at crosswalks and obey ALL crosswalk signals. Remember, jaywalking is illegal.
- STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN before crossing light rail intersections.
- Teach your children about light rail safety.
- DO NOT allow children to play near light rail tracks.
- Hold hands with your children as you cross light rail intersections and do not allow them to cycle, rollerblade, or skateboard while crossing.
Light Rail Accident Liability in Arizona
Similar to any company that puts a car or truck on one of Arizona’s roads, railroad companies have a legal obligation to ensure that they are operating in a safe manner. In fact, there are many federal regulations that have been put in place to ensure the railroads are exceptionally safe. As railroad tracks frequently cross public roads all around Maricopa County, these companies need to ensure that they are protecting the public from accidents. If the train or railroad company acts in a negligent manner, and an accident occurs as a result, the company can and should be held legally liable for any resulting damages. Some common examples of railroad company negligence include:
- Train conductor negligence;
- Poor employee training;
- Inadequate train maintenance; and
- Negligent track design or maintenance.
What Compensation is Available for Victims of Light Rail Accidents?
Victims of light rail accidents deserve just compensation for their damages. Unfortunately, for many different reasons, rail accident injury claims are deeply complex. It can be difficult for victims to get the full settlement offer that they rightfully deserve under Arizona law.
At Cluff Injury Lawyers, our Phoenix light rail accident lawyers are committed to getting results for our clients. This could include money for:
- Vehicle repairs or replacement;
- Emergency medical costs;
- Long-term medical treatment;
- Lost current and future wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of limb;
- Loss of life enjoyment; and
- Wrongful death.
Contact Our Phoenix Light Rail Accident Attorneys Today
We can help. At Cluff Injury Lawyers, our top-rated Arizona personal injury lawyers have extensive experience handling a wide array of light right accident claims. If you or a family member was hurt in a light rail accident, please contact us today for a free case evaluation. With offices in Downtown Phoenix and North Phoenix, we represent injured victims throughout Maricopa County.
Contact us for a free initial consultation. No recovery, no fee.