Light Rail Accidents
LIGHTRAIL ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Causes of Light Rail Accidents
- Conductor Negligence
- Electrical Failure
- Brake Failure
- Maintenance Negligence
- Light Rail/Pedestrian Collision
- Light Rail/Automobile Collision
- Passenger Loading/Unloading Accidents (Slip & Fall, Train Movement, etc)
- Passenger Misconduct
- Human Contact With Overhead Electrical Cables
- Slip & Fall From Platform onto Tracks
- Traffic Light Malfunction
- Collision with another Light Rail
- Fallen Electrical Cable
Of course, the severity of an injury depends on the accident itself. Knowing that the light rail may have been your safest mass transit option will be cold comfort if you or a loved one are badly injured in a light rail accident. Our Mesa light rail accident attorneys help you get justice and lend you a hand on your road to recovery.
Legal Actions for Lightrail Accidents
WHAT TO DO AFTER A LIGHTRAIL INCIDENT
Do Your Part
You cannot eliminate the possibility of an accident, but it is important that you do what you can to decrease your chances of being involved in a light rail accident. Here are some helpful safety tips for those traveling on the light rail, or for anyone driving, cycling, or walking near light rail stations and intersections.
Safety Tips for Avoiding Light Rail Accidents in Mesa
(Tips from www.valleymetro.org)
- Do not stop or park your car on the light rail tracks.
- Always obey ALL traffic signals.
- DO NOT try to “beat” the light rail when you are crossing an intersection.
- Look both ways before driving across the tracks of a light rail intersection.
- The light rail is quiet so be sure to listen for bells and look for headlights of oncoming trains.
- Always walk your bike across the light rail tracks.
- Never ride your bike at the station or onto the train.
- ALWAYS obey traffic signals.
- STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN before crossing the light rail tracks.
- Cross the light rail tracks at an angle to avoid falling or causing tire damage to your bike.
- NEVER walk or stand on or near light rail tracks
- Be sure to always cross at crosswalks and obey ALL crosswalk signals. Remember, jaywalking is illegal.
- STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN before crossing light rail intersections.
- Teach your children about light rail safety.
- DO NOT allow children to play near light rail tracks.
- Hold hands with your children as you cross light rail intersections and do not allow them to cycle, rollerblade, or skateboard while crossing.
Contact us for a free initial consultation. No recovery, no fee.
Let’s Get In Touch
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Words From Our Clients
I would highly recommend Brig for legal representation. He represented us in a case that seemed like David vs. Goliath. It was very paperwork and motion intensive, and Brig handled everything very professionally and was always on task. He was fantastic representing us in the courtroom and was very prepared. He always responded to us quickly and professionally, made good arguments, and we would absolutely use him again in the future.RACHAEL E.